Banana & Apricot Flapjacks
Boost your energy levels before and during training with these delicious banana and apricot flapjacks! They are packed with the perfect combination of a fast and slow carbohydrates and contain extra supporting nutrients to maximise your energy levels from start to finish.
Serves: 8 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 30-40 mins | Difficulty: Easy
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees. Line a baking tray or loaf tin with baking paper.
- Heat the nut butter, honey, milk & vanilla extract in a saucepan on a medium heat until melted.
- Peel the apple, remove the core and grate it. Mash the bananas then add with the grated apple into the saucepan and stir until combined.
- Tip the remaining ingredients into a large bowl and stir until mixed, then add the banana & apple mixture
into the bowl and stir together until you get a thick flapjack consistency.
- Add into the baking tray/loaf tin and press down firmly so it is evenly spread out.
- Pop in the oven for 30-40 mins or until golden brown on top. Take out and leave to cool before cutting
2 tbsp. cashew/almond/peanut butter
160g rolled porridge oats
1/2 dried apricots
1/4 semi skimmed milk
2 tbsp. honey
Tsp. vanilla essence
Tsp. ground cinnamon