Enjoy a delicious chocolaty brownie whilst knowing it’s packed with goodness. Beetroots are a key food source for athletes as they are proven to improve performance. Beetroots are rich in nitrates which act as a vasodilator to increase the capacity of blood vessels to deliver more oxygen to the working muscles! Together with other high quality ingredients, this is a great snack for athletes!
Serves: 12 | Prep time: 20 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Difficulty: Easy
- Preheat oven at 170 degrees
- Lightly grease 8” square baking tin and press in a sheet of baking parchment.
- Blitz the beetroot in a food processor.
- Weigh out the flour, cacao powder and baking powder into a bowl together.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and add the honey. Hand whisk them together for a few minutes until it gets fluffy and increases in volume.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and stir in well until you get a dark thick mixture.
- Stir in the beetroot and mix well. This should moisten the mixture. Break up the chocolate into small pieces and stir into the mix then pour it into the baking tin and spread evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins until cooked but slightly gooey in be middle. Allow to cool before cutting into 12 pieces.
100g wholemeal self raising flour
Tsp. baking powder
50g cacao powder
20g 70% dark chocolate
Nutritional information per serving
Calories: 91kcal | Protein: 3.5g | Carbohydrate: 13g | Fat: 2.5g