Halloumi, Avocado & Lime Salad
A perfect light lunch or dinner option that is packed with protein, healthy fats and nutritious greens. Whether you are looking for healthier meal ideas or trying to lose a bit of weight, you can enjoy this delicious vegetarian salad any time of day. It tastes even better when you’re sat in the sunshine, so get these fine ingredients on your shopping list and make the most of the hot weather this summer!
Serves: 2 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 5-10 mins | Difficulty: Easy
- Slice the halloumi into thin strips. Add it to a pan on medium high heat and let it cook for a few minutes on each side until speckled golden.
- While the halloumi is cooking, plate your mixed salad leaves.
- Once the halloumi is done, add the seeds to the pan and cook for a couple of mins.
- Slice the avocado and add it to the salad with the halloumi
- Mince a garlic clove and add it to a mixing jug/bowl with the lime juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and whisk well.
- Pour it over the salad and top with the toasted pumpkin seeds.
100g halloumi cheese
2 large handfuls mixed salad leaves
tbsp. pumpkin seeds
1/2 lime juice
tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 garlic clove (or tsp. lazy garlic)