Homemade KFC Chicken
If you love KFC but recognise how unhealthy it is… this recipe is what you need! Make you own in just 20 minutes at home without a deep fat fryer, for a healthy and delicious take on the real thing! This can also be done using chicken thighs and drumsticks, so give it a go for dinner for the whole family and maximise your recovery after training!
Serves: 2 | Prep time: 10-15 mins | Cook time: 15-20 mins | Difficulty: Easy
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts.
- Whisk the egg, milk and pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Mix the oats, cayenne pepper, paprika, herbs, flour and pepper and spread on a plate.
- Dunk the chicken in the egg then coat either side with the oats mix.
- Heat up a tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan, and fry the chicken breasts for a few minutes either side.
- When both sides are browned, pop them on a baking tray and pop in the oven at 180 degrees for final 5-10 minutes.
2 chicken breasts
40g porridge oats
Splash of milk
Tbsp. rapeseed/sunflower oil
2 tsp. plain flour
Tsp. cayenne pepper
Tsp. mixed herbs